10 Amazing Facts You Have to Know About Film Director & Actress Troy Beyer
Posted March 13th 2017
Troy Beyer is a talented film director, screenwriter, and actress. She is also the author the Amazon Best-Seller self-help book entitled “Ex-Free: The Freedom Action Plan.”
Here are some fun facts to know about multi-talented Troy Beyer:
1. Born in New York City to an African American mother and a Jewish father on November 7, 1964.
2. Began her acting career with a role on the children’s program Sesame Street when she was just four years old.
3. Studied acting and psychobiology at City University of New York’s School for the Arts.
4. Landed a bit part in Francis Ford Coppola’s The Cotton Club (1984).
5. Moved to Los Angeles, where she became a regular on the ABC prime-time soap opera Dynasty in 1986, playing Jackie Deveraux, the daughter of Diahann Carroll’s character Dominique Deveraux.
6. Appeared in features such as Disorderlies (1987), Weekend at Bernie’s II (1993), Eddie (1996) starring Whoopi Goldberg, Robert Altman’s The Gingerbread Man (1998) starring Kenneth Branagh and Robert Downey Jr., and John Q, (2002) starring Denzel Washington.
7. Put her writing skills to use, making her screenwriting debut with B*A*P*S, starring Halle Berry. Unhappy with how her script had been changed during the course of filming, the following year she decided to direct her next screenplay, Let’s Talk About Sex (1998), also playing a starring role.
8. Appeared in music videos for Prince’s songs “Sexy MF” and Biz Markie’s 1991 minor hit single “What Comes Around Goes Around.”
9. Holds a master’s degree in Depth Psychology with an emphasis in Liberation, Community and Eco-Psychology.
10. Authored Amazon Best-Seller self-help book entitled “Ex-Free: The Freedom Action Plan.”